6.8 Inch Double Header Tooth Scaler Tools Kit Perfect for Cats and Dogs
6.8 Inch Double Header Tooth Scaler Tools Kit Perfect for Cats and Dogs by Petoolife at Jiachie Forums. MPN: PL0017. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. ''How often should I brush my dog's teeth'' Your dog's teeth should be brushed as often as possible, ideally every day. There are numerous dental care
Your dog's teeth should be brushed as often as possible, ideally every day. There are numerous dental care products, pastes, solutions, brushes; chew toys and dental diets that help you provide your dog with the home dental care he deserves.
"What does Periodontal instrument set include"
Explorer/Measuring Probe, Scaler and Curette.
"What's the usage on the Explorer/Measuring Probe"
The fine but robust tip is ideal for periodontal probing in the cat or dog. Shepherd hook explorer is ideal to detect tooth defects both supra and subgingivally.
"What's the difference in between Curette and Scaler"
Together with periodontal curettes, periodontal scalers are used to remove calculus from teeth. Scalers have scraping edges on both sides of their blades, and are thus fit for both mesial and distal surfaces of any tooth and used above the gum line, and curettes are used below it as it has a blunt tip. Use of a scaler below the gum line is likely to damage the gingiva (gums).
"At-home teeth cleaning tips
- Use a specially designed dog toothbrush or a recommended alternative
- Never use human toothpaste. Instead, use pet-safe toothpaste with a flavor favorable to your dog's taste buds
- Give your dog a small sample of the toothpaste to introduce the taste
- Lift the lip to expose the outside surfaces of your dog's gums and teeth
- Brush with gentle motions to clean the teeth and gums, as you would your own
- Clean the outside (cheek-facing) surfaces, as most pets will not allow you to brush the inside surface of the teeth
- Be sure to reach the back upper molars and canines, as these teeth tend to quickly build up tartar
- Reward your dog with play, petting or a favorite activity to positively reinforce the brushing process
Features & Highlights
- This 4 piece tarter scraper and remover set includes: 1 scraper, 2 scaler, 3 mirror, 4 probe. Each measures 6.81" long.
- Dental disease can actually lead to problems with your pet's organs. You need regular dental care and you brush your teeth everyday - why wouldn't your pets?
- Used to remove harmful tartar accumulation. Octagonal handle is knurled to improve grip.
- Wash and dry after each use.
- All Stainless Steel and packed in leather carry case just like picture shown.